Use Case: Product Installation
Challenge: Project management for complex fiber installations
Each project is composed of multiple “obects,” including: fiber orders, equipment locations, central offices, permits, etc. Understanding the impact of delays in one object against each of the other objects and against the overall project completion date was near impossible using out-of-the-box tools in Salesforce.
Understanding these dependencies is critical for successful project completion.
- Order processes were designed in Work-Relay for each product type.
- Dependencies on other processes and objects (ie., construction related milestones) are built into key steps to wait for those to complete before being able to move forward with the Order process.
- In addition to the process designs, a Project “control panel” was set up using Work-Relay forms which rolls up dates from each of the component processes and objects (orders, locations, permits, etc) and shows how timing delays in any of the component parts will affect the overall timeline of the project.
- Clear visibility of timing impacts between related processes.
- Catching timing conflicts early makes course correction easier and allows customers to be notified of delays earlier.
- End-to-end project visibility using Progress Scorecard and Gantt views.
- Increased on-time project delivery significantly.Manage installation of multiple fiber products sold to a customer and calculate the critical dates based on dependencies between orders, work orders, permits and locations. If a location is under construction, date dependencies will include construction milestones.
Client Testimonial: Highly recommend Work-Relay
“Work-Relay delivers a very effective Project Management application to facilitate workflows between functional teams. The App is intuitive and easy to follow, with display options in Gantt and flowchart diagrams, which also help facilitate training and onboarding of new business processes. The Work-Relay team is very responsive to all customer requests, supported by a team of skilled business and technical professionals, and providing effective solutions and answers when we need their help.”
– Carrie French, Uniti Fiber
Work-Relay seamlessly overlays your Salesforce implementation, simplifying the design, management, and optimization of complex operational work to maximize worker productivity, increase company-wide visibility and enable business agility. Work-Relay is the only system for digitizing, managing and optimizing highly customizable process-driven projects and decision-intensive processes in one unified application. Work-Relay clients include large enterprises like The Home Depot, Mars Corporation, and Proctor & Gamble, as well as small and mid-size companies across 12 industries. Typical use cases include installing fiber optics, managing clinical trials, coordinating custom manufacturing, and managing product design.