- A fast food company needs to implement a new point-of-sale system in all of their 6,000+ stores.
- The solution needs to coordinate hundreds of franchises, thousands of stores, and a multitude of collaborating participants to successfully complete each implementation.
- The number of tasks to be scheduled and tracked is extensive, from coordinating multiple vendors and contractors, ordering and shipping equipment, training employees and integrating the help desk. Some tasks can occur in parallel, while other tasks are interrelated and need to follow a specific sequence.
- All tasks are deadline
– related, and if one step gets held up, it puts all other steps in the process on hold
– even those steps that could be completed independently of the currently stalled step
The ability of Work-Relay to design complex processes that could be changed on-the-fly and manage them as projects significantly reduced time, errors, and omissions. The Work-Relay Progress Dashboards provided complete visibility of step status across multiple projects, as well as a Gantt chart for tracking timelines and scheduling resources.