How Work-Relay helps
Work-Relay provides a unified, consistent solution that simplifies your environment and bridges people and systems.
Unified monitoring, measurement, control, and reporting increases visibility.
Unified resource management simplifies planning.
Unified communication and collaboration medium reduces miscommunication.
Unified framework provides consistency.
Unified database and content repository eliminate duplicate information.
Unified administration reduces duplicated administration, licensing, and training costs.
Vendor management for the worlds largest home improvement retailer
Sunset legacy IBM BPM system and manage the same business processes inside Salesforce. Processes are primarily service request based and revolve around Vendor management (SKUs, Options, Price Changes, Catalog Maintenance, etc)
Most data resides in external DB2 and Siebel systems and needs to be integrated into the business processes managed in Saleforce. Data needs to be manipulated in Salesforce and then written back to the originating systems in real time.
MANAGE THE IMPLEMENTATION OF A NEW POINT-OF-SALE SYSTEM ACROSS THOUSANDS OF STORES FOR A GLOBAL FOOD FRANCHISE
- A fast food company needs to implement a new point-of-sale system in all of their 6,000+ stores.
- The solution needs to coordinate hundreds of franchises, thousands of stores, and a multitude of collaborating participants to successfully complete each implementation.
- The number of tasks to be scheduled and tracked is extensive, from coordinating multiple vendors and contractors, ordering and shipping equipment, training employees and integrating the help desk. Some tasks can occur in parallel, while other tasks are interrelated and need to follow a specific sequence.
- All tasks are deadline
– related, and if one step gets held up, it puts all other steps in the process on hold
– even those steps that could be completed independently of the currently stalled step
The ability of Work-Relay to design complex processes that could be changed on-the-fly and manage them as projects significantly reduced time, errors, and omissions. The Work-Relay Progress Dashboards provided complete visibility of step status across multiple projects, as well as a Gantt chart for tracking timelines and scheduling resources.
The Work-Relay solution includes the following:
- A centralized database provides a single, non-redundant source of truth, eliminating the cutting and pasting of spreadsheets, and manages an unlimited amount of data.
- Automated monitoring provides complete visibility over the implementation process for all involved, and a dashboard provides a snapshot of current status.
- Workflow eliminates lag time between tasks, and ensures that nothing falls through the cracks.
- Automated notifications and updates reduces lag time and cycle time.
- Automated integration with external systems.
- Chatter allows all parties, both inside and outside the organization, to communicate in real-time, significantly reducing email traffic and speeding up problem resolution.
- Work-Relay allows a knowledge base to be built organically, reducing the time required for future installation
- Mobile enablement allows technicians to complete checklists and register and assign issues immediately
- Reporting and analytics are used to determine violations of SLA’s, bottlenecks, and comparative performance among vendors.
With the execution of the point-of-sale management technology implementation project, the organization planted the seed for a comprehensive, enterprise-wide self-service database that can be used by anyone in the organization to build solutions for their needs. This has led to multiple departments taking advantage of the database and Work-Relay has been used to handle everything from change management to kitchen implement management.