Work-Relay in Action
Sunset legacy IBM BPM system and manage the same business processes inside Salesforce. Processes are primarily service request based and revolve around Vendor management (SKUs, Options, Price Changes, Catalog Maintenance, etc)
Most data resides in external DB2 and Siebel systems and needs to be integrated into the business processes managed in Salesforce. Data needs to be manipulated in Salesforce and then written back to the originating systems.
Work-Relay processes replicated the legacy BPM functionality while keeping the user experience contemporary via the Lightning UX. Extensive use of Forms linked to the external databases allowed searching, loading and updating data that upon approval was written back to the source database. Dynamic multi-level approval processes include internal resources as well as Vendors, and provide the ability to track approvals, rejections, rework loops, and to track all comments related to those approvals.
- Quickly migrate mission critical application from Lotus Notes to Salesforce.com
- Gain visibility into the end-to-end creation of all data attributes that make up the digital representation of a finished item.
- Reduce manual effort by seamlessly integrating other systems responsible for artwork creation, nutritional information creation, supply planning, and ERP product data.
- A centralized database provides a single, non-redundant source of truth, eliminating the cutting and pasting of spreadsheets, and manages an unlimited amount of data.
- Automated monitoring provides complete visibility over the implementation process for all involved, and a dashboard provides a snapshot of current status.
- Automated integration with external systems
- Manual processes, complex and ever-changing regulations and repetitive due diligence requests are driving longer onboarding times and time to revenue, greater costs, higher customer dissatisfaction and non-compliance.
- Standardize and specialize compliance globally.
- Cut onboarding time and time to transact while enabling compliance using rules-driven processes that dynamically apply the right regulation at the right time
- Rapidly adapt to new regulations and risks with the rule management empowering business-level modification and extension of regulatory rules in minutes.
- Reduce lack of transparency on the progress of onboarding for relationship managers as a result of multiple inconsistent onboarding processes within a single bank, causing repeated interactions with customers to gather the data they need.
The solution included, for example:
- Dynamic processes automatically apply regulatory rules by country, customer type, product and risk to ensure compliance with country and product specific requirements.
- Master customer profile delivers a 360-degree view of individuals and entities across accounts, geographies, lines of business and complex direct/indirect and parent/child relationships.
- Dynamic rules are configured with regulatory expertise.
- Intent-led processes guide users, automatically adjusting steps based on driver data (e.g., customer, product, geography, regulatory requirements and risk rating) and question responses.
- Rules-driven processes automate escalations and approvals based on risks.
- Date- and time-stamped history provides a complete audit trail of all steps taken during evaluation, including documentation and all system, rule and workflow changes.
- Easily configured, real-time reporting dashboard and robust pre-defined reports on key operational risk metrics, including timeliness,
- No holistic visibility into plans, status and results for a broad range of people.
- No early warning that SLA targets are in jeopardy.
- Spreadsheets and generic project management tools are unable to handle the complexity and volume of projects.
- Collaboration is fragmented across multiple communication channels. Visibility and sharing are cumbersome.
- Inability to include external users in processes.
- The Work-Relay process designer makes it easy to create process variations for different customers to ensure optimum outcomes.
- Deliver just-in-time knowledge for process participants to efficiently complete their process steps using Work-Relay Smart Steps.
- Complete real-time visibility of process progress using the Work-Relay Progress Dashboard.
- Reduced miscommunication by keeping track of accurate information, making it always available, and making changes immediately visible.
- Faster problem resolution through contextual collaboration in Chatter.
- Reduced lag time through automated notifications, reminders, and escalations.
- Faster and more accurate data capture using Work-Relay Smart Forms.
- Automated database updates, issue creation, and web service invocation increases efficiency and improves accuracy.
- Work transitions are more efficient and timely using rules, reminders, and checklists.
- Reliable performance metrics allow for process improvements to be made.
- Better decision making as a result of timely and consolidated information.
- Increased accountability through details audit trail.
- Inability to rapidly respond to changing customer demands during the manufacturing process.
- Incorrect / incomplete forms with wrong input caused manufacturing to provide the wrong solutions.
- Large amount of time elapsed between initial request and supplying an offer which caused customers to look for other suppliers.
- Changes to processes didn’t result in any gain in productivity for the company.
- Low customer satisfaction when issuing a change request.
- Customer demands for top quality products in little time
- Pressure from competitors with more streamlined processes
- Inability to review and improve processes
- Work-Relay allows each basic process type to be defined but allows for run-time variability using data entered into the system on each step of the process, and routing the process based on this data.
- Implemented a Customer Product Request processes across departments.
- While entering data, plausibility checks are carried out so that errors and queries can be avoided from the beginning.
- A real-time dashboard provides situational awareness of processes in progress.
- Customers are automatically kept up to date on the status of their orders.
- Reporting and analysis show hidden delay time and allow for trying out different solution alternatives.
- Measurable accountability to deliver on time.
- Increased customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- New process improvement focus across the entire organization.
- Employees started to think in complete process chains and not in single tasks.
- Complete visibility across the organization on request status.
- System ensures requests are complete and accurate, eliminating time wasted working on incomplete requests.
- Dramatically reduced cycle time.
- Responses to customer product requests on technical product variation, which previously could take up to weeks, now are reviewed, calculated and answered within a few days.
- Improved quality resulted from an improvement in accurate work as a result of higher transparency.
Start streamlining your business operations today.
Connect with Work-Relay to see what a powerful business operations platform can do for your organization.