Managing Complex Projects with Salesforce
Understanding your options for managing complex projects in Salesforce.com
This case study addresses a process-driven project consisting of multiple, inter-related, concurrent sub-projects in Salesforce.com.
The case study is introduces out-of-the-box functional provided by Work-Relay. This document is useful for those that wish a deeper understanding of options for managing complex projects and processes in Salesforce.com.
THIS CASE STUDY DISCUSSES THE FOLLOWING PROJECT DEPENDENCIES
- Multiple fiber products are sold to customers and each product has its own defined process for installation.
- Construction is required for some orders.
- Milestones are tracked in a construction process that is separate from the product processes.
- One construction site can have multiple fiber product orders associated with it.
- The timing of each fiber product process requiring construction is dependent on construction milestones.
- There is a one-to-many relationship between construction site and fiber product orders.
- There are dependencies among multiple independent processes e.g. a construction project where the status of one project impacts another.